SASCO AFRICA METROLOGY DIVISION POLICY STATEMENT
The Metrology laboratory is committed to good professional practice and conduct to ensure accurate and equitable measurements in trade, the highest standard of quality service to its customer’s in the verification of trade weighing instruments, and compliance with the requirements of the SANS 10378 : 2005 Standard at all times.
In order to achieve these objectives the laboratory will –
- Verify trade weighing instruments according to statutory standards, specifications and procedures.
- Verify trade weighing instruments within statutory verification intervals.
- Maintain its verification standards in a current and valid state of calibration.
- Ensure that the traceability of the accuracy of its verification standards to the national standard for mass is maintained at all times.
- Establish and maintain a documented management system aimed at ensuring continuous compliance with the Trade Metrology Act, SANS 10378:2005 and SANAS requirements and standards.
- Provide the leadership, resources, competencies and training of its personnel concerned with verification activities necessary to achieve its goals, ensure that such personnel have familiarised themselves with the management documentation and implement the policies and procedures in their work.
- Create and maintain an environment in which every member of the laboratory can participate in the continuous improvement of every activity.
In addition to the above, the Metrology laboratory has extended its services to include the calibration of instrumentation in compliance with SANS 17025 : 2005 and respective SANAS requirements and standards.